Custom soft plastics are not that difficult to
make with the proper equipment.
- Burner to use outdoors (plastics really smell when cooking)
- Pan to cook plastic in ( Good Will has pans so the wife don't kill
you) or Pyrex measuring cup for the microwave
- Plastic solution ( bass catalogs have it in quantity)
- Dyes to color plastic
- Glitter or glow powder (optional)
- Mold (sinker molds, copper pipe end caps or you can design one yourself)
- Oil or Salt (substitute scented oils if regulations allow it)
This next couple steps must be done rapidly since plastic sets up if over
- Heat up plastic solution stir until clear and add die to color to your
- Add glitter, glow in dark material, freeze dried bait when plastic is still liquid.
- Pour in oil sprayed mold ( use sand shrimp oil, sardine oil, etc.....)
Worm mold trays are available from the same catalogs where you find the
- Remove from mold when set up
- If you want a hole in middle, use a small air hose (aquarium stores carry
it) can be threaded through center with a big needle. You may need to oil
outside of hose to thread
- Trim hose to fit
- Store in Ziploc plastic bag so the plastic won't eat all your other
fishing items (tackle box, plugs, etc..).