Petosafishing
(sockeye)
05/30/08 10:05 AM
Lamiglas fiberglass Plug Rods

Hey.. Just wondering if anybody has used the new lamiglas certified glass rods? I was looking at the xcf 802. Anybody have any experience with this rod or other in the series.

ABUfreak
(dual red striper)
05/30/08 10:35 AM
Re: Lamiglas fiberglass Plug Rods

i've got a buddy that fishes the 803s for kings, they flat out rock. nearly impossible to lose a fish once they're stuck.

Todd R
(Native Slab)
05/30/08 11:18 AM

Nick, I haven't used the Certifieds, but I've got two of the Lami Classic Glass CG82's, and they kick ass as plug rods.

Fish on...

Todd

Petosafishing
(sockeye)
05/30/08 11:25 AM

Todd, with the CG82's are you using them for steelhead and running Salmon sized plugs(k14-k15)?

bigkat
(Chromer)
05/30/08 12:05 PM

I use classic glass for both salmon and steelhead no problem with any plug/rig. Even pulled in a few sturgeon with them.

Todd R
(Native Slab)
05/30/08 05:32 PM

Nick,

They're rated for 8-20, I run straight 30#PP on them, no leader, and can fish both tadpollies and larger Kwickies with them...I haven't fished 15's, but I've used 14's with no problem whatsoever...watching those things load up when a big fall Chinook grabs a Kwikie is a sight to behold!

Fish on...

Todd

yoggs
(smolt)
05/31/08 07:32 AM

I baught two 802's last year and they are hands down the best plug rods I've ever fished. My hook up to land ratio went way up. Great rods.

steelheader4ever
(4 salt)
05/31/08 06:20 PM

Awesome rods. I liked the first one so much I bought 3 more!

SalmonKing
(Salmon King)
06/03/08 05:55 AM

i have several of the classic glass rods and fish the hump in the fall and they totally rock the river.. as stated above there is nothing better than watching them load up eith a monster fall king... let the fall come

salmonking

Trouthead
(Subject of the Puritan Rep. of Washington)
06/03/08 06:24 AM

I have a Lami XCF 904 12-25 lb. and it's excellent for K15-16 and for downriggers. It also works to chase fish over to F4S's side of the boat. They must be intimidated by the honey (yella) color.

Contact Us | Privacy statement | Rules- Exclusion of Liablity | My Cookies| Mark All Read | Browser Check Steelheader.net

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

Search Now:
In Association with Amazon.com

Salmon Fishing