Steelheader69Moderator
Nooch Diver and Camp Cook
Profile Status:
  This User's Profile is 80% Complete

Reged: 12/30/00
Loc: Graham, WA
Welcome to the Spey Board
      #130667 - 08/22/04 11:47 PM

We here at Steelheader.net decided to put in a Spey Section, since it has become quite a staple in alot of fishing throughout the NW and the world in fact. We have Fred Evans who is a moderator and my Spey hero . I think I'm in his will to get his spey rods . But I've learned alot from him over the years. And is a wealth of info. But there are a few spey fisherman on the board, and none of us know as much as all of us. So post your questions, and if one of you can help, be our guest and post away. All the posts (I think) that are spey related have been moved here. Luckily, we have a true "spey" fisherman who comes around. He has the best "mouthwash" I've ever tasted (thanks Malcolm!). So maybe he can shed some light on things as well, if you have any questions about the Spey itself.

So, just want to welcome you all here. Hoping to expand this section, and bring some more people in.

One last FYI. You ARE allowed to post links to products if you're a consumer. So no worries about asking first or having it deleted. Only problem is if you own the company and start spamming. There are sometimes that's ok too, but ask first if you own the company.

--------------------
Project Healing Waters

CampChef Prostaffer

Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
fredaevansModerator
Thick Tail
Profile Status:

Reged: 06/12/03
Loc: Upper Rogue River- Oregon
Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: Steelheader69]
      #131121 - 08/24/04 02:19 PM

Jerry, greatly appreciate the verbal hug; but I can assure you there are a couple of regular posters on the topic of 2-hander rods who've forgotten more than I ever knew.

Malcolm, lets see if we can get some of the folks on the flyfishing forum board to join us here too. Andy Wren immediately comes to mind.
fae

--------------------
Fred A. Evans

Black_GhostModerator
Thick Tail
Profile Status:
  This User's Profile is 40% Complete

Reged: 06/13/03
Loc: Western GLs
Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: fredaevans]
      #131147 - 08/24/04 03:32 PM

Mr. Evans guided me into this spey stuff 2.5 years ago and now I am into what I call the "Spey Abyss" LOL

BG

--------------------
"The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool."

Jane Wagner

REDSHED
steelie
Profile Status:

Reged: 07/26/03
Loc: Peck, Idaho USA
Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: Black_Ghost]
      #196285 - 07/18/05 11:22 AM

Well this board is amazing. Ol "pmflyfisher" has 5 new posts and seems the only one that wants to say anything yet we can never read whatever he's written. If whatever he said was bad enough to keep him off why not block him completely so we can't see his name.

Steelheader69Moderator
Nooch Diver and Camp Cook
Profile Status:

Reged: 12/30/00
Loc: Graham, WA
(NA) Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: pmflyfisher]
      #196978 - 07/23/05 02:24 PM

It's a glitch in the board actually. Not sure why it shows him being the last post though. We don't do complete bans anymore though.

Though rest of you won't understand this, this is to pm who did a post. Not sure about the "who I am" thing on FFF. Pretty sure I know who you are. Only person who ever stood up for me was Malcolm (Willie Gunn) in the mods area on that board when I quit over there as a mod. Plus, don't need anyone to stick up for me, I do a good job of doing that for myself. But the main reason for the "Private moderation" of pmflyfisher was the relentless badgering of Hal. Different with BobK, it's a jibjab thing in fun with those two. But seemed that you are always on the "get" for Hal,a nd your signature line doesn't help you at all get "un private moderated" to say the least. It wasn't Hal that did that to you, it was the consensus of a group. To date, all posts I've seen have been jabs, so why I haven't approved any. Now, if one wants to change directions and contribute, we will see about unblocking it.

--------------------
Project Healing Waters

CampChef Prostaffer

Black_GhostModerator
Thick Tail
Profile Status:
  This User's Profile is 40% Complete

Reged: 06/13/03
Loc: Western GLs
Re: (NA) Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: Steelheader69]
      #196988 - 07/23/05 02:57 PM

Everyone should reread these rules again

Fly Fishing board rules

"Plus, if by chance I miss something, or if anyone is being harassed in anyway let me know. I WILL NOT stand for open bashing that is meant in a rude manner. It will be eliminated immediately, and a warning will be sent. If it keeps up, I will either put that person in private moderation, or ban all together. We are ALL anglers, and deserve to be civil, even if we don't agree."

I have not seen PM's posts in probably over 6 months due to turning on the "Ignore User Option" for PM's posts, hence he has been conversing with himself since being placed in "Private Moderation Mode" which was prior to six months ago. Also don't bother sending me emails or Private messages they are just considered SPAM not read and deleted, etc..

BG

--------------------
"The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool."

Jane Wagner

Kerrys
steelie
Profile Status:
  This User's Profile is 60% Complete

Reged: 06/30/04
Loc: Skagit
Re: (NA) Re: Welcome to the Spey Board new [Re: Black_Ghost]
      #196994 - 07/23/05 04:52 PM

"Private Moderation Mode"......thats funny!

--------------------
just another steelheader

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Marty, Steelheader69, fredaevans, Black_Ghost 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 9344

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us | Rules- Exclusion of Liablity | My Cookies| Mark All Read | Browser Check Steelheader.net

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

Search Now:
In Association with Amazon.com

Salmon Fishing