ubbt header

;
Guided fishing on the Quinault river System konebb3  
Guided Steelhead Fishing Holdzit fishing Products
Guided Jet Sled fishing trips Batson Enterprises and Forecast components  
fishidaho Join the CCA in the fight to save coastal fisheries
georgebanner      

Many of the forums are  now private for Supporter/members only including FISHING REPORTS!! ... click here to JOIN

Thanks to everybody who has decided to help maintain our great community.  We continue to grow because of your support.

River Fishing >> Steelhead and Salmon Fishing  

Pages: 1
busybeaverModerator
sockeye
Profile Status:
  This User's Profile is 40% Complete

Reged: 03/31/01
Loc: Western Washington
Mustad Ultra points hook assortment arrived
      #2974 - 05/31/01 09:21 PM

The Mustad ultra point catalog and hook assortment showed up today. They sent me a assortement of sizes and numbers in the 5 packs and a 25 pk of the 4/0 92604n.

Every one of these things is super sharp right out of the pack. If you haven't seen the sales pitch on the ultra point its got lots of studies to back up the quicker penetration, and stronger tip. I have been looking them over really carefully and highly recommend these in all the different styles. They also use a process they call nor forging which is stronger than normal forging. Keep your eyes out for these in your local tackle stores. In fact I like them enough I will sell them online if I can get a account setup without going broke on the intial buy in.

This is the assortment of numbers I recieved.

38971br 3/0 ultra grip
92567r 2/0 big red bait
92568bln 1/0 beak bait
92567r 1/0 big red bait
92567r 3/0 big red bait
92567r 2 big red bait
92569fr neon bait (colored hooks)
92567r 4 big red bait
92567r 1 big red bait
92604 4/0 beak fine wire

The 92567 and the 92568 are the same hook with only the color being different. Good strong hook with a nice point. You can use them straight out of the box. If you should dull the tip they will take a file without much effort. I took pliers and grabbed hold of the eye of the hook and pulled...These are no phonies, the point did't roll over and wanted to keep digging into the metal edge of my desk. After doing the pull test the point showed no dulling effect... very nice feature. Enough gushing on my part

--------------------
Marty

Welcome to my home ...

Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  busybeaver, buxndux, Steelheader69, Gooose, Dogfish, ibgrizz 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 532

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement | Rules- Exclusion of Liablity | My Cookies| Mark All Read | Browser Check Steelheader.net

UBB.threads™ 6.4.1

Search Now:
In Association with Amazon.com

Salmon Fishing